I was tagged for this by the lovely Fiction Vixen =P she had much faith in me, as I am a new blogger & had no idea what a meme was (HEE! thanks to Mandi @ Smexybooks for the answer)
1. Answer all the questions below in either the comments here or post it on your own site. If you post it on your own site you have to come back and give the link here so I can mosey on over and see if you have a sticky beak. ~does that mean being nosy? cause I could totally go somewhere dirty with that. just sayin'.
2. You have to tag two other people once you’re done and pester them relentlessly until they do the meme too.
3. Instead of a meme image thing you have to post a cookie, preferably a twofer. It is an m/m meme after all. ~m'kay, I don't have the foggiest clue how these are supposed to go but I assume I'm to post a pic of a hot man, preferably two hot men. this I can handle.
here it is:
oh yeah, you know you want some of that ;)
1. How long have you been reading GLBTQ fiction? ~ummm, about 3-4 years. more seriously for the last 2-3 years. I blame JR Ward, she writes some smoking hot manlove (unfortunately not more than kissage & implied hotness so far) & made me really crave more of it.
2. What was the first book you read in this genre? ~geez, I honestly have no idea. I've read quite a few books that have had bi/same sex/multiple partner love scenes in. I read the Beauty trilogy by Anne Rice while I was still in high school (which was WAY too early) & the pony play freaked me out so bad, I honestly can't remember if it had anything GLBTQ in it.
3. Are you 'out' as a reader? ~oh sure, I have no qualms about it *flies banner proudly*
4. Ebooks, print or both? ~both are fine, the thing that annoys me is the cost. why the hell should erotica be so much more expensive than regular fiction? *sulks* I could buy more if it were cheaper. a lot of my erotica is in ebook form though.
5. Do you buy direct from publishers or from secondary sellers? ~ummm, I'm not sure. maybe from the publishers?
6. Prove you're a Book Slut. How many books would you say you buy a week? ~it depends if I want to eat that week or not =P at least one or two, although 2 weeks ago it was 17, so it really depends how slutty I'm feeling *snicker*
7. Are you a cover, blurb or excerpt buyer? ~all 3, I admit that a bad cover can turn me off to a book but I've gotten better about getting past that...I think
8. Yeah, you read reviews, but do you actually take notice of them? ~a review is always someone's opinion so you have to take it with a grain of salt. it's best to find someone who has similar taste & check out what they like. I enjoy getting recs from ppl also. the fab book bitches on twitter are about to make me broke with all the recs =P I take more stock of book reviews than I do movie reviews, which I pay very little attention to.
9. Who's your fave publisher? ~if I like a book, I like it, I don't give 2 shits who the publisher is.
10. What about authors? Your top two only!! ~oh ummm, argh! I don't know! pass. can I pass?
11. Is there a sub-genre you particularly dis/like? ~not so far
12. Short or long?? *rolls eyes* And, no, I'm not talking about cocks. ~BOO! well why AREN'T you talking about cocks? cocks are fun! long, definitely ;) *evil laugh* no really, I mean it, long. I like some plot along with my hot sex. although, there is something to be said for a quickie =D
13. Anything turn you off about m/m or is all just glorious smut to you? ~as with anything I read, it MUST be well-written. any hack can just throw together some smutty sentences, it has to have feeling & I guess a sort of purpose behind it. the great thing about M/M is that I don't have to worry about the use of the dreaded C* word *shudders* and no, I'm not talking about cock.
14. Finish this sentence. You know it's m/m twu wuv when... ~you want him to stay & cuddle AND you give him cab fare to go home in the morning so he doesn't have to do the walk of shame in his assless leather pants.
15. What trope or theme are you heartily sick of in m/m romance? ~I don't know that I've read enough M/M to know what theme to be sick of yet.
16. If you could choose any 3 characters for an m/m/m who would they be? ~mmmm just random characters from any stories? that's SIMPLE. V, Butch, Qhuinn & Blay from JR Ward's BDB. yes, I'm aware that I just listed 4 characters. I care not =P if you have a prob with that, change the Qhuinn & Blay to Qhuay. problem solved =D
17. What new GLBTQ release are you most hanging out for right now? ~if they do get their own book, Qhuinn & Blay
18. What GLBTQ book has completely blown you away this year? ~hmmm, I don't know that one has blown me out of the water this year. I must rectify this by reading more.
19. What do you think we'll see more of in m/m romance in 2010? ~probably more paranormals, vamps n weres n demons, oh my =)
20. Don't you agree that author Josh Lanyon should kill off arsehole character Jake Riordan? ~I have no idea, I've never read Josh Lanyon. =P yet another new author to add to the list *wallet screams* how big of an arsehole is he? is he hot? hehehe
sparklybearsy & smokinhotbooks tag! you're it!!